Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Marathon Monday Week 3


I had a few ups and downs this week with training. It's so difficult to find the energy to run after a 9-hour day of work so I missed a few workouts, again. However, we ran 12 miles this morning and I felt really strong so that was a nice feeling!

Training this week:

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 3 miles + lifting

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: rest

Friday: 4 miles

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 12 miles

Mile goal: 24

Total miles ran: 19

Products I'm loving

Dom and I received our Camelbaks in the mail on Friday and used them during our run on Sunday. These things are AWESOME!  I loved having access to water when I needed it.  The pack was very light and didn't bounce around on my back.   Also, I felt a little less dorky in the backpack as opposed to the waist belt :-P

As of now, there are no more products on my 'wish list' per say, but I know I'm going to need new running shoes in the next few weeks.  I've also experienced some tenderness in my left foot after long runs so I'm considering going to the running store to get an insert to hopefully help with the pain.  We've looked into foam rollers but they are expensive.  Does anyone recommend them?

I hope y'all had a good weekend!
Recap:
I think the most difficult part of this training process is the weather.  I am not a fan of running on the treadmill and will avoid it at all costs.  Dom and I were supposed to go on our long run on Saturday, but DC got about an inch and a half of snow so we stayed in.

These long runs are taking a toll on my body, but I can tell that I'm already getting stronger.  I slept like a rock on Sunday night, and fortunately my body wasn't as sore as it's been in the past.  I knew training for this marathon would be a challenge, but I had no idea how physically tiring it really would be.  My cardiovascular system is fine--it's my legs, knees and shins that are really taking the beating.

Luckily, our long run is only 9 miles this weekend. Plus, I have a friend coming into town so I'll get it done on Friday so I can enjoy her company!










1 comment:

Run wild with your comments!