Monday, January 30, 2012

Marathon Monday Week 4


Recap:
This past week was probably the biggest disappointment since I began training.  Because we rescheduled our long run, the rest of the week was a little off.
This week:

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 6 miles

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: rest

Friday:
9 miles

Saturday: rest (cross trained by walking)

Sunday: rest

Mile goal: 21

Total miles ran: 15

After realizing how little I did last week, I made sure to fit a 7-mile run in today.  I ran right at sunset and the view throughout the National Mall was beautiful.  However, I realized I need some reflective clothing because I almost got run over by more than a few bikes!


 I've experienced some pain in my feet the last week.  I have heel spurs on both feet, callouses and blisters on my toes.  There are a few goals I have to help my body recover from these long workouts:
  • Epson baths

  • Stretching before and after workouts

  • More cross-training (1 yoga class/week)

  • Invest in a new pair of shoes

  • Ice my shins and knees after runs

  • Invest in a foam roller to help loosen the muscles in my legs
I have a 14-mile run coming up on Friday morning (I have another friend coming into town on Friday so I won't have an opportunity to do much running.)  This will be the longest I've ever run so hopefully it goes well.

I hope y'all had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Good luck with finding motivation to keep on going!

    ReplyDelete

Run wild with your comments!