Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Protein shake? No whey!

For a long time, I was against using any sort of protein powder.  I didn't know much about it, but whenever my boyfriend would suggest that I try it, the image of an overly muscular, body builder with veins popping out of his biceps ruined my appetite.

However, when mixed with peanut butter and a banana, some girls can be convinced.  Some girls may have even liked it enough to buy her own container.

I'm movin' up in the ranks, people.

Chocolate and strawberry protein shake

Today's drink is a new combination.  Nothing fancy, but quite appetizing.  I'm planning on running an 8-miler today (as soon as it stops pouring) and I'm hoping this magic shake will give me the push that I need.

Whey Protein from the one and only, Trader Joe's

Recipe:

  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 ice cubes


Blend and enjoy!

XO,
Wild Rice

1 comment:

  1. I think I've developed a slight addiction to protein powder. I add it to everything: smoothies, oatmeal, pancakes. I even made a sort of pudding yesterday combining almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder, and cocoa powder. So good!

    By the way, love the new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Run wild with your comments!