Thursday, March 1, 2012

Protecting your girls

This is a subject that isn't addressed nearly enough. You see magazine and TV advertisements featuring push-up bras that will make you feel 'sexy' and 'desirable' by making your tots 'look better' (don't even get me started on this one.) But what about informing women on how to make their tots feel better?

Let's go back in history a bit: For years, I was buying the spandex Champion bras from Target. I didn't know anything else. A sports bra was a sports bra, right?

WRONG.

via
I'm just going to come out and say it: I have a large chest. And much to my dismay and annoyance, even after my exercise picked up extravagantly two months ago, these ladies are NOT shrinking.

It wasn't until I was at the gym a few months ago and watched myself on the treadmill (I know, it's an awkward set-up.) There was much too much dancing going on.

After about 10 minutes, I was in a lot of pain. Or should I be more specific...the girls were in a lot of pain. Not happy with the lack of support that my Target sports bras provided, I started the hunt for the perfect sports bra.

And I learned the following very quickly: not all bras are created equal. Not. at. all.

In all seriousness, I'm writing this post because of the tremendous difference my new sports bras have made. Even if you're not exceptionally large in the chest, there shouldn't be a lot of jiggling and movement when you run. The ligaments in your breast tissue are sensitive--and you run the risk of stretching them out without proper support.

Now that I've realized my mistake, I see soooo many women wearing improper support. So, please ask yourself: is it time that I explore other options? If it is, here's what I recommend:

Moving Comfort Women’s Fiona Bra I found it on Amazon for $26.00; however, it’s regularly priced at $50.00 and if you're willing to pay full price, you can find these in most running stores. 

 Honestly, best sports bra I've tried. You choose the band and cup size so it is customized to fit your body. It also fastens like a regular bra, making it much easier to put on and take off.

Andddddddddd that's it. No other recommendations; not because I haven't tried any other ones, but because this bra is simply the best.

So ladies, protect your girls! They'll thank you when you're older.

XO,
Wild Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run wild with your comments!